Postedbids app has been downloaded millions of times with millions of items posted for sale. The vast majority of Postedbids users are trustworthy and online classifieds have been used securely in the U.S. and around the world for decades. Still, it's important to always take the proper precautions, as you should anytime you buy or sell online.
Our number one priority is and will always be our users' safety and satisfaction. We want you to have a great experience buying and selling on Postedbids, so take a look at the tips below before you start hunting for a laptop or sell that bike you never use anymore:
- Meet in person and use cash to complete a transaction, and choose a public place - like a coffee shop, supermarket or mall - to exchange payment and items. Be wary of users who are unable or refuse to meet face-to-face to complete a transaction, those who insist on dealing with something other than cash and those who ask you to mail payment for an item. Don't send payment to someone you haven't met in person and don't buy something without seeing it first.
- For larger items like furniture, you may sometimes need to meet a buyer/seller at home. We strongly recommend having someone else with you in these cases.
- Don't use personal, certified or cashier checks, and never wire money (e.g., Western Union) to another user.
- Beware of users who make unusual requests/suggestions, e.g., if a buyer insists on sending a check for more than the asking price (this is part of a common scam on many sites).
- There are millions of great deals on Postedbids, but be wary of items with unrealistically low prices, catalog photos or other photos that obviously haven't been taken by the user. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
- The best way to complete a transaction is to exchange the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit card/check to pay someone in advance.
- Never give out your personal financial information to make or accept a purchase.
- We recommend communicating with other users only via Postedbids in-app chat feature.
- If you have any doubts about a user's authenticity, find another seller/buyer. There are millions of them on Postedbids!
- Always check a seller's profile page (the same goes for potential buyers).
- Make sure information on the condition of the item, price and payment method is clearly outlined and agreed upon prior to meeting. If a user can't answer basic questions clearly about the item he/she is selling, find a different seller.
- Before paying for something and completing the transaction, inspect the item and check that everything matches the seller's description.
Test an item to make sure that it works properly before purchasing it, especially if you're purchasing electronics, a car, a bike or something similar.
- Note: When purchasing a vehicle, always verify the vehicle identification number (VIN) and consult third party sources that can check the vehicle's history for theft, damage and identification.
- Postedbids uses a combination of human and artificial intelligence to help keep our platform safe and fun to use, but we also ask our community of users to help by flagging inappropriate content or users. If you believe another Postedbids buyer/seller is offensive or attempting to deceive users on our app, please report this user immediately so we can investigate further and take appropriate action.
Have more questions we haven't answered here? Check out our FAQ section for more information on how to use PostedBids